Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December is here: ready or not


Today is December 1st.

It struck me this morning that I have a lot to get done these next few weeks.

I know I should be chipping away at my to do list, but here I sit blog hopping. I'm calling it "research" to make myself feel better.

We have our annual Christmas party this Saturday. I can't do a lot of decorating until the carpets get cleaned tomorrow, but once that is done, I'm all over it. The real reason we have the party so early is so that we aren't putting up the tree on Christmas eve. I think this year will be fun because the kids are at an age we they are really into it and are actually helpful. Ben has inherited my "it must be symmetrical" gene so his help will actually be helpful when doing the tree. Sam is still in training :0)

What I'm looking forward to this year is that fact that we are keeping things really simple. Our "buy a gift" list is pared down and I'm excited to do a bunch of baking for friends. We don't' have a lot going on in December so I'm hoping things will just be mellow and enjoyable. Isn't that the point? To take time and reflect on family and friends and spread some joy as opposed to pulling your hair out? Well, that is what I'm going to try and do. I'll let you know how it goes... :0)

1 comment:

Debra said...

Love that picture of the Abominable! That's how I feel lately. :)

We put our tree up last night. Earliest ever. Should finish it tonight. My daughter has the 'all ornaments should be front and center gene'. Maybe she'll outgrow it.

We are super busy this December so that makes it even more important to keep things simple. Last night was the first night in a while that we have all been home just doing 'homey'things. Felt good!