Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Chocolate Buttercream



Tonight I made chocolate cake. I found a recipe I wanted to try, but then went a little Sandra Lee and used a box mix. I did however make the chocolate buttercream frosting that was listed with the cake recipe.

Oh my. It was delish.

I've made chocolate buttercreams before, but this one is a KEEPER. It whips up nice and light and it makes a ton. I frosted a Devils Food cake with it and it was definitely "got milk". So if you need a good chocolate buttercream, I highly recommend giving this a try.

Enjoy

Rich Chocolate Buttercream

2 oz baking chocolate
2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 C butter
4 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
1/4 C coco
1/4 C milk

Melt chocolates and set aside.
Cream butter, coco, half of the sugar
Add melted chocolate, vanilla, milk, remaining sugar
mix until fluffy

makes 3 3/4 cups of frosting