Friday, March 20, 2009

Muddy Mud Mud


We have been in a constant state of rain, sun, heavy rain, sun, down pour with this cycle repeating every 30 minutes (I'm not kidding)
Tomorrow was supposed to be Ben's first game of the season. Weather forcast: 37 degress and rain. Ben was oh so thrilled.
There are no "boys of summer" in the Soundview Little League. We are the boys of freezing rain and whiteout hail. We are the "blue tarp ball players". We don't tan we rust.
I spent all day running around getting the things Ben would need to stave off a case of hypothermia only to come home, check my email and see that the game has been cancelled due to too much mud on the field.
I've never seen Ben happier.

* Interesting side note... I googled images of muddy baseball players and there weren't any. Apparently no one in the world plays baseball in the rain except us.

No comments: