Saturday, November 6, 2010

Soup's On


Last night I had the DND boys over (well, at least two of them) and I decided to try Italian Stracciatella with Mini Meatballs, Tortellini and Baby Spinach. I've recently discovered the Bitchen Kitchen and this was from Nadia's last episode. I wish I would of had the time to make the stock myself, but I used the "fancy boxed stuff" from costco and it seemed to work just fine (although I think the homemade stuff would have a deeper flavor, but that is just me) I would also bump up the amount of stock to 8 cups (with only 6 C, the "stuff" to liquid ratio was a bit off)

Anyhoo, this soup could not be any more simple and with a little prep (make the meatballs ahead of time and throw them in the freezer) could totally become a "go to" from the pantry meal. With the fall weather now upon us (in W. WA that mean, rain, rain and more rain) a nice bowl of soup can really hit the spot. I served it up with some good old roasted garlic bread for costco (aka crack) and it made a nice filling but not to heavy meal.

Enjoy


1 comment:

Debra said...

That looks so yummy. Believe it or not it's still not really cool enough to enjoy a good bowl of soup. Hopefully soon - I'll have to try this one.