Sunday, May 6, 2012

Youth is Wasted on the Young

So last night we went to see Van Halen. 
Um...yeah... I think the theme of the night was "getting old sucks"

While the band sounded pretty good, David Lee Roth looked like he was in pain the whole night.  Maybe he was battling the flu or something, but he just looked so pained every time they plastered his face on the jumbo tron.  I think his current "style" didn't help.
From this..
to this...
which reminded me of this...

They say you can't go back and last night was a glaring reminder of that.  Now I wasn't foolish enough to expect this...
but I just wasn't prepared for this
which reminded me of this
Overall it was a fun night and they did sound pretty good.  Despite playing a little too much from the new album, they did play some of my favs. 
So in the spirit of burying my head in the sand when it comes to getting old, I leave you with some classic Van Halen in all their 80's glory.

Dance the Night Away ~ ahhhh ~ Van Halen Perfection
Enjoy :0)


2 comments:

Debra said...

Great post! It's so true about not being able to go back. It's just never the same. He has aged quite a bit, hasn't he? I was impressed that when we went to see Rick Springfield he was moving around like a younger guy but I guess they're not all like that...

Glad you had a fun time!

Mitch Cook said...

Awesome review. I am still chuckling