Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bake Sale


Today I will spend behind the counter of a bake sale. The co-op which I no longer have kids in wrangled me to help with the bake sale that is part of the holiday bazaar they are having today. I like bake sales. I'm always so curious to see what people bring. Last year, Holly and I were basically it when it came to the bake sale. I think I make 6 dozen beautiful cupcakes, plus 10 dozen cookies. I like to bake, but it was a bit much. This year I only made 4 pies. I was going to make some devils food cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, but didn't. I figured the co-op has other bakers and I didn't have to do everything. Debra if you are reading, it is okay to say NO. In fact, it feels pretty good every now and then.
I'm hoping that we have a good turn out. Last year was our first year and while our customer turn out was a lot less than we had hoped, we still made a thousand dollars which was great considering we had four weeks from idea to execution. This year we have had a lot of publicity and our vendors are more "artsy". Should be a good day, not to mention the sun is shining and at this time of year that is always a good sign.
Happy Saturday!!

2 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Oh wow, lol, every blog I visited today is making me hungry!! lol

Hope you have fun, as for me, Im jumping through the computer for a virtual treat :)

~ Hugs ~ Cynthia

Timi said...

WOW! That all looks wonderful. I love a bake sale!
Timi