Saturday, November 22, 2008

If I can just make it through Sunday...























Ben: Can I stay home, my tooth hurts.
Me: No
Sam: Can I miss school today? Everyone else gets to miss school.
Me: No
Ben and Sam: Whhhhhhyyyyyyy?
Me: Because I'm working today
Ben: You need to quit your job.
Ouch
I subbed three days in a row this week and while I really enjoyed it (all three days were in Kindergarten) it kind of took a toll on my family. We are not used to the early rush that is requried of getting out the door an hour earlier than normal. I have forgotten the stamina it takes to be on my feet all day having the non stop chorus of "Mrs. Y., Mrs. Y., Mrs. Y." following me wherever I go. On Wednesday, I was in bed by 7:00. Needless to say, Joj and the kids have had noodles and sandwhiches for dinner this week and the house looks like a bomb went off. Yikes.

Now I suppose I should spend today playing catch up, but I can't. I agreed to organize the Space Derby for out pack. Why I said yes, I'm still unsure, but today will now be spent running down to the boy scout store, grocery store and a couple of other random places to get everything I need. I know I should have done it earlier in the week, but I didn't and now I'm really paying for it. On the upside I think it will be okay. I made a list and I have worked the event before, so I know what needs to be done. Hopefully, we will have folks to help run the event. It always seems to come down to the volunteers (or lack there of)

One of the biggest drags about having to run a bunch of errands today is that I will miss some really good football games. Michigan and Ohio Sate are already playing and the Cougs and Huskies play at noon. I always love to watch the Apple Cup and I'm really hoping the Cougs win. Football has been dismal at best for both teams this year so I would be nice to have a good Apple Cup and by good I mean a total masacre.

The last thing that has been eating up my time these days was the book The Pillars of the Earth. I finally finished it and I must say for a book that started out so strongly it just kind of petered out in the end. 1000 pages only to close the book and go "eh". I hate that. I want a book that I don't want to end. I like my books to have some kind of twist on the last page that I didn't see coming. I can not read books like Danielle Steele. You read the first page and you know how the book will end. Plus the syrupy sweet storylines are too hard to stomach. I like my book messy. I'm also finding that I like books that have a little bit of historical aspects to them. I read Gap Creek and I liked that. It was so interesting to read about how folks lived back then. That was what I did like about Pillars, the way the author described daily life and all the hardships. Bottom line the books was a strong okay minus the ending. Oh well, now I need a new book to read.

Well, I probably should get off the computer and get my errands run. I cannot even believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday. We still don't know where we are eating, but I don't think it will be here. My contribution to the dinner will be the pies and the cranberry sauce. Easy Peasy. That morning I'm running a 5k and I'm probably going to die. My training has been rather sparse, but I plan to run the downhills and walk really fast on the uphills. I actaully walk faster than I run, so I figure it all comes out in the wash. Should be fun though and I won't feel guilty about that second helping of mashed potatoes.
Happy Saturday Everyone and GO COUGS!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I know what it is like juggling the work/house/family balls.
Arggghhh. My house is never neat and tidy!!