Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sunny Days


The sun in no longer missing here in the great northwest. The last two days have been amazing. We're talking actual spring weather. It is supposed to be nice again today (which is fantastic because it is also baseball) and I'm hoping to get a little more work done in the yard. My favorite little local nursery is up and running and I bought some sweat peas that need to get into the ground ASAP.

I just love sweat peas. They are so pretty and smell amazing. The one year my sweat peas did well I brought little bouquets in every day. I felt very "Martha". Nothing beats fresh flowers.

The picture above is from another local nursery. The Van Lierop Bulb Farm is amazing. It so pretty this time of year. It makes me wish I had planted more (or at least some) spring bulbs last fall. I love tulips. At our old house I had an 4x12 raised bed (a mother's day gift) that I had completely stuffed full of flowers. I had flowers from March to October. It was so nice. I would love to have another "cutting garden" but our yards layout isn't the best. I did win some landscape architech time so maybe she can help me figure something out.

Anyhoo, I hope it is sunny in your neck of the woods today.

Happy Thursday, Everybody!! :0)

1 comment:

WSU Laura said...

Loving the weather! It was great for our baseball game last night that ran till 8pm. Crazy esp. during the WASL. Hope you are doing well.