Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How I spent the last day of Summer Vacation


So today is the last day of "summer" here the PNW. It is raining and about 50. That pretty much sums up this summer or really the lack of it this year.

So school starts tomorrow and I am in charge of a little thing called the BooHoo ~ WooHoo Breakfast. It is basically coffee and baked goods set out for the Kindergarten parents so they have a place to go once their kids are officially delivered to the classrooms. I wish I had something like this when I was teaching. A sobbing mom in the hall makes it a bit tough to teach.

Anyway, I will be spending the majority of the day baking. On the menu:

Paula Dean's Poundcake

Pecan Coffeecake

white chocolate macadamia nut cookies

ginersnaps

snickerdoodles

fruit platter

My friend is making a ton of quick breads to round out the spread.

I may make more. It is tough to tell until it is all made. I just want to make sure there is more than enough. Last year, in addition to the breakfast I was also in charge of (meaning I was a committee of one) the teachers luncheon that day. Yikes.

So I'm off to the store and then an afternoon spent in an apron up to my elbow in flour.

Fun, fun, fun,

:0)

No comments: