Friday, March 11, 2011

Tick tock...


In less than 13 hours I will run a 5K. I had hoped to have trained a little more, but April showers showed up early and I'm not that die hard to run in a monsoon. I did get a few runs in though so I'm not going in totally unprepared. The forecast for tomorrow is for "showers". That means we are getting wet, just how wet remains to be seen. I'm guess it will sprinkle lightly until 9am when the race starts and then the heaven will open and we will have to run dodging various animal pairs making there way to the ark that I'm sure will be parked at the dock.

The last time we ran this course, back in December the sun came out during the race despite the early morning showers. Blue skies, snow covered mountains, running along the waterfront, you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful morning. As for tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath. Although, freezing rain may be just the motivation I need to get my tail in gear and run fast if for no other reason than to get out of the cold.


:0)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good luck, Forrest!