Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Thumbprints


I bake a lot of cookies. I like cookies because they are easy. They offer up a lot of "wow" for very little work. I have to admit, that I feel very "June Cleaver" when I whip up a batch of cookies. I especially like when I have everything I need in the pantry.
Today I made Peanut Butter Thumbprints (They are also sometimes called Peanut Butter Blossoms) Sooo easy. Sooo yummy. The best part is it only has 4 ingredients and these are about as "beginner" as they come, perfect for cooking with the kiddos.

Peanut Butter Thumbprints
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 C Bisquick
3/4 C Peanut Butter (I've used both chunky and smooth)
36 chocolate "melties"

Mix the first 3 ingredients until well blended.
Use a T scoop and roll ball in white sugar (this is optional)
Place on a cookie sheet and bake 10 min @ 350 degrees.
As soon as you have taken them out of the oven, press the meltie into the cookie. It will flatten the cookie, it is supposed to do that.
Let them cool and enjoy them with a nice glass of cold milk.

If you don't have chocolate melties, you can use Hershey kisses or even melted chocolate chips (just use the back of a spoon to flatten the cookie) Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Yum! I love your cooking posts! These look so good and easy.