Thursday, January 21, 2010

Will Work for Food


I am very blessed to be surrounded by talented boys who like to work for food. Most "honeydo" lists are written for the hubbies. Not mine. Anyone willing to toil on my random projects will be paid in spades with any kind of baked good their little hearts desire. So far this system has worked out very well.


I recently had a friend help Joj hang my new headboard and install some old windows (pics coming as soon as I finish painting them) and as a thank you I whipped up some banana bread. I have paid him in the past with Banana Cream Pie, but I didn't have everything on hand, so he got banana bread instead. Now I am NOT a fan of banana bread. I will politely eat a piece if offered, but it is not my fave, so finding a good recipe relies on the feedback of others. I recently found a recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/ and tweaked it a bit and I think I have come up with a winner. The folks who have tasted it, give it very high marks and I must say the batter is pretty tasty. I have made 3 loaves in the past 2 days. It bakes up nice and fluffy and I hear it goes great with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.

So the next time you need to bake up a thank you, consider a loaf of this super easy and very yummy banana bread.

:0)


Big Daddy's Banana Bread

1/2 C soften butter

1 C sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

3 med or 2 large bananas mashed (I like my bananas not completely brown)

1 tsp baking soda

2 C flour


Cream the butter and sugar

Add eggs and vanilla

Add mashed bananas and mix until well combined

Add flour and soda and mix until just combined

Pour into a greased loaf pan (I use the wrapper from the butter ~ it works great)

Bake for 50-60 min at 350. I usually check at 50 with the toothpick test

Let cool for 10 mins, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.


Enjoy!!

No comments: