Monday, January 16, 2012

Little Things, Big Difference

I just love the feeling of getting stuff done. Kind of makes me feel like this
My friend once told me that the last 20% of a project takes 80% of the time. I completely agree and so would the numerous 80% completed projects that inhabit most of my closet space. So in the spirit of a new year and fresh starts and all that gobbledygook I decided to tackle something that has been bugging me.  So at 10 o'clock on Friday I tackled my dining room chairs.
I scored these babies at a garage sale. They are SUPER sturdy and just what I was looking for. However, the red, orange and yellow fabric I was not loving. The clear plastic on top of that was also a nice and very practical touch, but I just got the point and I was over it. I knew I wanted to recover them so when I spied some nice chenille on clearance at JoAnn's I snagged it up.
It was 4 bucks a yard. Recovering a chair cushion could not be easier: unscrew seat, lay on top of new fabric, staple fabric, rescrew seat. That is is exactly what I did. I'm thinking it took probably 2 hours for the whole project, but I get sidetracked easily.
The new fabric is so subtle and much "quieter" than the old fabric. 
As for the final results ~ I LOVE it. 

3 comments:

Debra said...

Looks good! I have a stool I want to do - was it pretty easy?

Laurie Anne said...

The hardest part was finding the right kind of screwdriver :0)
You should go for it. Flip over the stool and you will see how straight forward the process it. Can't wait to see the results :0)

kevin21 said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml