Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summertime and the living is lazy


Wow, a whole week since my last post. I would feel worse, but it seems I'm not the only one who has been away from the computer. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We did. We drove up to our friends house for their annual Fourth of July Bash and had a great time. The weather was a little overcast, but it made for a very pleasant day.

Today was spent with Jenny P and the kids at the pool. I wish Jenny lived closer. I'm trying to convince her to start up a blog. Hopefully she will. She doesn't think she has anything to write about and I told her I felt the same way, but it is amazing the connections you end up making writing about laundry and what to have for dinner :0)

The pool today was a zoo. This was by far the busiest day we have had yet. There were 3 guards on duty which is pretty rare. The manager, who was around in Jenny's and mine old guarding days told us if it got busier she was going to put us on duty. That would have been a sight to see, Jenny and I climbing up into the guard chairs (scary yet, climbing down) One of the reasons that the pool was so busy was soccer camp from BP was having a swim party. It was nice to see some moms from school and do the 30 second catch up. The best part though, was when one of the boys showed up with his little sister. She was in Sammie's class and it instantly freed me from the "when are you getting in the pool to play with me" pestering. I was able to chat away and soak up the sun. I finally feel I'm returning to my natural color (it has been in hiding for the past couple of years) If the sun isn't good for you, but why do you look so much better with a tan?? It is just cruel.
Hope everyone is enjoying some sun, we sure are.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I agree. Everyone looks better with a tan.
I love getting out and soaking in the sunshine, although my husband is always harrassing/reminding me about skin cancer.