Friday, October 10, 2008

It's never good news when the phone rings at 5:15 AM


So there I was sound asleep when the phone rings at 5:15. I thought it was the school district calling for me to sub. Ben had just crawled into the big bed so he answered and then I heard, "put mom on the phone". Apparently Joji's car is dead and he is 3 blocks from home. Great. I have to get up and go get him. I was very glad that Ben is old enough to "babysit" Sam for a few minutes so I didn't have to wake, dress and cart them along.

We tried to jump the car, but no dice. When Joj called AAA we were told it was a least an hour for a tow. Luckily we were just a couple of blocks from home and we were able to come here and wait for the tow truck as opposed to the middle of Northshore Parkway. But now, this means a trip to the mechanic and that is never cheap. To top things off, today Joji was supposed to meet his new boss. What a way to start things off by calling in with "car trouble" on a Friday. I may have to do some brown nose baking. Boeing is kind of mess these days and we want to keep Joji there as long as possible. Heaven forbid I would have to go back to work. I know, wah, wah, wah. I guess I'm actually very lucky that considering the way things are going I can walking to a decent paying job relatively easily.


Speaking of working, I got called by my friend to sub next Thursday in her Kindergarten class. I'm so excited. It is just a half day K and she only has 14 kids. What a dream job. I'm very jealous. I love Kindergarten and when I go back that is definitely were I will teach. Kindergarten is so important. It sets the tone for how kids feel about school. When I was teaching, I felt a lot of pressure to have my students really enjoy school and feel successful because I knew first grade would come along and crush them. How sad is that. Okay, I have officially become Debbie Downer.
Well, the kids are up now and I doubt I will make it back to bed. There is no school today and I have a fun day ahead of me which includes a trip to the grocery store and Costco. I think I will have to add some baking to my list of to-do's. I made apple crisp for Joji to take to work yesterday. At our house it is mostly crisp with a little apple on the side. I used my Pimped Out Chef apple peeler/slicer and I have to say, I think apple crisp tastes better when the apples are "chunked" rather than sliced. I still have a few apples so maybe I will make another batch. I think it is funny how almost all the blogs I read have featured apple crisp lately. I know it is my favorite fall dessert.

Well, I'm officially rambling and my eyes are finding it hard to focus. Please excuse any typos that I'm sure you will find. I'm not used to being up this early. I'm more of a sleep in kind of girl.
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Apple crisp sounds so yummy! Sorry to hear about your car troubles. That's the worst! Get some sleep & have a great weekend.