Thursday, October 2, 2008

Playing Hookie


So today I decided to play hookie (sorry, mom. I will finish the testing tomorrow) I just had to take a break from running around and clean my house. I've made some headway, but there is still so much more to do. I find I'm pretty good for a while and then some type of hurricane hits the house and it looks like a bomb went off. I lit some yummy smelling candles, put on some James Taylor and jumped right in. Of course then my friend called and I multi-tasked for a while. But then I opened my email and read an email that really made me appreciate what a great guy Joji is. I'm pretty lucky to have found someone who likes me even though my domestic skills are less than perfect. I try to make it up with freshly baked goodies for him and his friends, but that really isn't a substitute for not having to move the "to be folded laundry" off his chair. So today, I'm putting the old nose to the grindstone and getting stuff done.
Goals for today:
Give the kitchen a good cleaning
Remove clutter from main floors and vacuum
Vacuum the stairs (this job is not as bad as I always make it out to be and once it is done the difference is HUGE)
Tackle as much as I can of the Mount Washmore
Have dinner waiting when Joj gets home (including some apple crisp for dessert)
So there is my plan for today. Wish me luck and for any of you who have your domestic mojo down to a science, maybe you could send a little my way. I need all the help I can get.
:0)

2 comments:

WSU Laura said...

Alright you've inspired me to do the same. Thank you for your motivational entry. I am going to turn on some music or maybe a soap and get to work.

Jamie said...

We are in hurricane mode around here. Music always helps me too.