Monday, January 10, 2011

I hear you knocking...

This weekend I went down to San Fransisco for my cousin's wedding. The wedding was sweet and it was nice to see a side of the family I haven't seen very often.





While we were there my mom really wanted to drive by her grandmothers house. My mom has always talked about this house, so I was curious to see it as well. When we found the house my mom knocked on the door and asked if she could take a picture of the house. She told the owner how this had been her Nana's house and she had so many fond memories of it. Not only did the current owner, Mary, let my mom take a picture she invited her (and us) to come in and look around. While this was super nice and completely unexpected, I kept thinking, if someone knocked on my door would I let them in??



If you are familiar with FlyLady she is all about living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and I have to say that is me. Our house's main living spaces are pretty open and the lower level is especially "lived in". As I type I'm surrounded by piles of laundry waiting to be put away and other random clutter that seems to multiply at a frighten rate. I try to keep up, but I am only one and my crusade to recruit help is slow going. Battling the clutter is one of my goals this year and I feel good about some of the gains I have made in the other parts of the house. I tell myself one room at time, one room at at time. Slow and steady wins the race, right??

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow, what a neat house. That was nice to be invited in too. There are many days when I would be reluctant to invite strangers in!