Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tuesday feels like Friday


This is how I have been feeling lately. When it rains it pours. If only I did have a big key on my back to help me recharge. How cool would that be.
The past week has made me wish I had never heard of the concept of cooperative preschool. What was I thinking??? I like being involved, but it has been crazy. I seriously thought about going back to work, so I could have an excuse to leave. Scarry. I know/ hope this feeling won't last. I guess my frustration comes from the fact that my contribution to the school (president = part time job) is on the same level as the mom who makes play doh once a month. We are not supposed to receive special treatment since we are on the board, but this seems a little out of wack. So to keep myself from wallowing in my own pity party (because, I did choose to be president) I will focus on some of the good things that have happened over the last few days.
After our not so hot service at our friends restaraunt, we went back so he could "make it right". We had great food and service. It is amazing what the manager sitting at your table can do for service.
My house has been in pretty good shape. I had a couple of unannounced visitors and an impromtu meeting and I didn't have to do the panic cleaning.
Last but not least, I was able to do all my laundry and put it away in one day. Now for those of you who always do this, you just don't get it. But for those of you with piles waiting to be washed, folded and put away, you understand how good it feels.

3 comments:

~*Marie*~ said...

You have all your laundry put away...oh, how I wish....I am so jealous...the piles are clean, it's just that I don't have the time nor the energy to lug them up 2 flights of stairs and put them away... fall cannot come quick enough for me....cut back on hours in the office and be able to once again organize my home!!!!!

Kellie said...

As I am sitting here reading this at midnight, I have a pile of laundry on my bed. I'm taking your inspiration and logging off...

Jenny said...

Hooray for the washing success. It is the bane of my life.
Well done.