Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I can't believe it has been a whole week since my last post. This past week has been crazy, but the good kind of crazy. Ben has been out of school since last Wednesday due to the holiday and teacher in-services. It has been really nice having him home. Last night Sammie spent the night at BaChan's house and it was so weird to just be a family of 3 again. Ben is growing up so fast. Last week, Ben informed me he needed new clothes because everything was too small. So off we went to Old Navy to take advantage of the 40% off kids sale. However, we soon discovered that Ben is no longer in kid sizes. He is officially a men's small. Yikes!! He just turned 9!! He also informed me that he preferrs khakis to jeans and likes would like more polo shirts. Ben is a preppy, who knew??
He has decided that he wants to be an engineer (like his dad) when he grows up. He loves to build things and recently built a "nest" for Sammie. I have to say I was impressed. He took some old shoelaces (the really long kind) and tied them around a couple of little chairs. He then took all the throw pillows in the house and lined the walls of the nest.

Sammie was thrilled and Ben made sure I took pics and wanted to know when I was going to put them on the blog :0)
The rest of the weekend was spent with our friends the Browns. They are so fun and easy to hang out with. Joji and Matt putter, Holly and I get some good girl talk in and the kids play and play and play. It is so nice. Of course, that meant that all the stuff I had wanted to get done, like clean and grocery shop didn't get done, but that is okay. Ben just left for school, Sammie is still at BaChan's so in theory I should be able to get my work done uninterrupted. However, my mom has the day off and I think we will spend some quality time today at TJ MAXX :0)
Happy Tuesday!!

No comments: