Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Inspriration

Just thought I would share my fun find. I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I'm getting ready to redo Sammie's room for her 5th birthday next month. Well, I have been on the lookout for some really cute bedding. It is not out there!! I've looked everywhere and I still couldn't find what I was looking for. So today I was super excited to find this little gem at my local ROSS store. I usually don't go into ROSS, because it is horribly messy and way to "jenga" for me, but today I thought what the heck. I went to the sheet section and it was a total bust until I was leaving and this caught my eye.

A little old twin sheet with the perfect colors in it (chambray, blushy pink, cream and a little soft sage for good measure) The best part was that it was on clearance for $5. I love the Ralph Lauren bedding and you just can't beat that price. So now I have my "inspiration" piece and the next step is selecting the paint.
I was at Home Depot tonight, but since I was with 4 kids, my paint selecting time wasn't all that productive. I did decide that instead of the bottom part of the wall being blue, I think I will paint it pink and have the blue be part of the checked border at the top. The blue sheet which I'm sewing into a duvet cover just wouldn't "pop" with a blue wall, but a "blush" wall, totally different story.
I just love when the pieces start to fall into place. Tomorrow while Sammie is in class I think I will go back to Home Depot, bring my fabric and actually get the paint. I will probably also hit the TJMAXX and ROSS in Tacoma to see if I can find more of these sheets or better yet, pillowcases. I would love to find a pink and cream ticking or gingham sheet set, but you just never know. I will keep you posted if I pick up anymore goodies :0)

3 comments:

~*Marie*~ said...

Gorgeous, I love the colors, I love all things blue and flowers. I love buying sheets to use as fabric, it is such a great find. I think Sammie's room is gonna be fabulous!!! I cannot wait to see the finished product!!!

Meg said...

Great find! And what you're describing as plans for the room sounds great. Glad you found something to kick off the inspiration...that's always fun.

Debra said...

I love the fabric. Not your 'typical' kids room colors. Something she can grow with. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)