Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Free at Last!!!


I must be permanently 10. I have been counting down to the last day of school for weeks. Ben could care less. He likes school, he likes vacation, he's good either way. Not me. I crave freedom. Freedom from the "have to's" of school. You have to get up. You have to get dressed in appropriate attire. You have to find your homework/backpack/library book/permission slip. You have to keep tabs on all the happenings at the school - what time is this meeting, who is double checking on that committee, how many cookies did I agree to make (okay I actually do like that one).
Once spring break is over, I start my countdown. (I even did this when I taught- hope that wasn't sending the wrong message to my students) So many of my mommy friends are dreading summer vacation. They are worried about how they will fill the time and keep the kids from getting bored. Well, I guess I'm a little old school and boredom is part of summer, but it also sparks the best creativity.
Ben is out at noon today and I think we will pack a lunch and hit the beach. Ben and Sam can splash and play til their hearts content. Look out summer here we come!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Laurie Ann. Yes, I think carb soda is baking soda.
So true about holidays. They are much easier that the school term. I hate the rush out the door in the morning, checking who needs library books, homework etc. I love not having to make sure there is a clean uniform ready for the next day. I am also a teacher, so I love having a break too. We are about to begin our Winter break at the end of next week.
I like your yellow mixer. I would love a lime green or red one.
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

Jenny said...

Sorry - I spelt Anne incorrectly.