Monday, September 29, 2008

Luscious Lemon Meringue


Last night I made Joji a Lemon Meringue pie to take to work today. The Pecan pie was a hit and now apparently I'm taking requests. Again, I'm not really a fan of Lemon Meringue, but I have to say I tested both the lemon and the meringue while I was making it and I might have rethink that. The lemon was nice and tart and the meringue tasted like marshmallow. When I was younger, I thought meringue was just stiff egg whites plopped on top and I think that is why the pie never appealed to me. I can't wait to hear how it went over. It really was a beaut.

I'm rushing to get kids out the door and then I'm off to do some testing so I will have to post the recipe when I get home this afternoon. The recipe I have is soo super simple (seriously, I only make stuff that is easy) and chances are you have everything already in your pantry. The only thing I wish I did have on hand last night was some lemons to zest so it would look and tast all fancy schmancy. I had my shopping list on the bottom of a coupon I had printed up and the cashier took the whole paper.

Speaking of coupons, I have a bone to pick with Home Depot. I belong to their "garden club" so they send me coupons. I actual went to use one yesterday to get some "buy one, get one free" spring bulbs. The coupon said it could be used 3 times, but when I went to pay it only let me use it 2 times. I pointed out to the cashier where it said 3 times and she, of course, could do nothing. So annoying.
Anyhoo, it is supposed to be in the 80's today. Why it couldn't have been 80 when he pool was open is beyond me, but I'm just glad I will have nice weather to get my bulbs in the ground.
Happy Monday, Everyone!!

1 comment:

~*Marie*~ said...

That is my most favorite pie. Every year for my birthday that is what I had instead of birthday cake and still now, if my mom is going to be around for my birthday I get a lemon meringue pie. She make the absolute best pies, but yours looks awful yummy!!!! If there is some left, send it my way!!