Friday, September 26, 2008

Perfect Pecan Pie


Last night, Joji says he wants me to whip a pecan pie to take to work for his Friday meeting. Sure no biggie. Pies are so easy. I used to be afraid of pie and truth be told fruit pies still intimidate me a little, but I do feel I have mastered the pecan pie. Now I'm not a pecan pie fan, but everyone who has some really likes it. The thing I like about this pie is that it plates so beautifully. Nothing is worse than a piece of pie that slops all over the plate (this is why I shy away from fruit pies) and these pieces plate picture perfect.
So I thought I would share my recipe with my 5 loyal readers :0) This pie is so easy and very "fall". We are looking at a grey day here in Pacific NW so filling the house with yummy smells always makes them a little easier to take. Enjoy
Perfect Pecan Pie
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 C dark brown sugar (you could use light)
1 C light Karo Syrup
1/3 C melted butter
1 t vanilla
1 1/4 C pecans (I usually only chop 3/4 C and use the rest to decorate the top
1 9" unbaked deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 350
mix butter, sugar, vanilla and syrup
when cooled add eggs and mix well
add chopped nuts and pour into shell
place unchopped whole nuts on top in pretty design
bake 50-55 minutes
let stand a few hours to completely cool and set up
Serve with whipped cream or the stuff from the can we call "SHHHHHHHHH"
Enjoy :0)

4 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Laurie Anne,

ok, lol, now im officially starving ;) looks delicious !!! Im adding it to my: "To Bake" list ;)

Thanks!! ~ Hugs ~ Cynthia

Debra said...

Yum, the pie looks great. I love pecan pie (well, I love all pie but pecan is way up there). I am loving all these food related posts lately. :)

Jenny said...

Yum. I love pecan pie. It is one of my favourites.

Cindy said...

That looks so good! I love pecan pie!