Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Solar Powered



Today the sun is out and gorgeous. It is a rare day in the PNW that we get such a day in the middle of January. I truly think my life would be so much more productive if I could wake up to sunshine like this every morning. I've decided to play hookie from my testing duties and just stay home and focus on the house. It is so pretty today, I might even wash the windows (who is this person typing??)
Seriously though, I love days like today. When the morning fog burns off I will be able to see Mt. Rainier out my bedroom window and the Olympics out of the kids windows. The white snow against the baby blue sky is so amazing.
It is the kind of day I might actually work out in the yard. It is still a little cold, but you never know. The recent snow killed a bunch of stuff in the pots on my front steps, so I should probably clean those out. Nothing says "welcome to my home" better than pots full of dead stuff :0)
Well, Joj just called and when he asked what I was doing I told him I was blogging about how productive I was going to be today. He started laughing. So on that note, I'm off to select some festive house cleaning music. My recent adventures with Facebook have left me very nostalgic so I'm sure my selection will be something very 80's. I heard Tenderness by General Public the other day on the radio and I swear my car began to smell of Polo cologne. Good times...
Happy Humpday everyone, hope it is a good one :0)

1 comment:

WSU Laura said...

OMG I saw General Public in concert at the UW.Now I am humming that tune. Hope the day was productive! PS. LOVE that apron you got at Target.