Friday, July 20, 2007

Inspriration Friday: Porch Envy






I have porch envy. More specifically, porch swing envy.
Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted a porch. Most of the houses around here have decks and patios off the back of the house. It just isn't the same.
My grandparents house has a huge porch with a couple of swings. There is no better place than on that porch, swinging and listening to the rain. When we visit it seems like all we do is swing on the porch and watch the cars go by.
I'm trying to convince my husband that we should cover our patio out back. If we did this, I would at least have a place to hang a swing.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I would love one too.
Mmmm....nice to dream.

~*Marie*~ said...

You and me both. We have a tiny porch off the kitchen (not big enough for a bistro table and chairs even), more like a large landing, and I want to rip it off and make a HUGE porch with a swing and room for a table and a couple chairs....ahhh to dream. Not happening. Dan will only let me add another small landing with steps going into the backyard. I feel your pain!!!