Monday, January 14, 2008

Time Warp


I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. I'm not sure if it was we were so busy or nothing exciting has happened, probably a little of both. Yesterday, my mom and I made a trip to Goodwill with a massive donation in tow. I was able to get rid off 6 boxes of stuff and 2 large bags of clothes. On all of the "teach me how to dress" shows they always say you tend to wear 20% of your wardrobe 80% of the time. Well, I bit the bullet and donated that 80%. Kind of scary. I noticed that I don't have a lot of "work" clothes anymore. When I do work, if I'm not rocking the "kidnapper" look, I'm usually in khakis and a sweater. I'm trying to expand the wardbrobe, but comfort is key. I also need low maintance closes. I'm not the obsessive handwasher kind of gal, so I need wash and wear. And did I mention I do NOT iron. Yes, I own one and have used it recently, but that was on pants and even I can iron pants. Way back when, when I was still trying to impress Joji with my domestic skills, I tried to iron one of his shirts. It took everything I had not to launch the iron through the kitchen window. I vowed that would never iron a shirt again and if families at my school who were on free lunch could scrape the money for drycleaning then so could I. Thankfully, Joji's work clothes are jeans and polos, that I can do.
Anyway, I know have a pretty empty closet. Some might think, good news I get to shop. Well, I'm not there yet. I've been doing this thing called the daily plate and it is basicly an online food journal. I'm done with dieting and this seems to work. I still eat the same way, but just a lot less. It is a real eye opener and it helps you make better decisions. Since it is not a diet, there is no "cheating", no guilt and no "I've blown it, might as well make the most of it" binging. It is great. So far I have lost 20 pounds and hope to lose more. It isn't a "quick" thing, but I'm hoping a permanent thing. Anyway, don't want to buy new clothes until I can buy something fun. I was able to get into the next size down jeans the other day and I was thrilled. Slow and steady...
And now for something completely different...
A while back I mentioned that Joji and I did some work in our bedroom. Here is a picture of it. Photographing a room is tough and since our is kind of a funny shape it seemed to be even more tricky. Here is "my side" of the bed. I absolutely love the curtains in the room. I found them on clearance at TJMAXX and they are the perfect shade of blue and white. I think I would have blue and white everywhere if I could (maybe I will someday). The mirror over the bed was kind of a splurge, but I love its lines. The "distressing" finish leaves a little to be desired, but I plan to pain it and destress it so it won't look like a lepeord. This room has the best light of the whole house and waking up in here is so pleasant. I can't wait for spring when the leaves come back on the trees outside. You feel like you are in a tree house. My plan is to keep things very simple. I would love to put a window seat in, maybe for my birthday...
Last but not least, Kate over at Our Red House has tagged me for the seven random things meme. Here it goes...
1. I wish I had a mild case of OCD. I'm envious of those who find joy in cleaning.
2. I really wished I like more veggies. If only I could get excited over onions and peppers. I'm trying, but it is a slow going.
3. If you tailgate me I will slow down, so please dont'.
4. I hate to pump gas and will drive 7 miles into town to go the station that will pump the gas for you. I always tip the guys and enjoy the surprised look on their faces when they say thanks.
5. I wish I could paint.
6. I miss teacing swimming lessons-I was really good at it
7. I want to open a little cupcake shop called "babycakes"
I'm supposed to tag seven others, but everyone I would tag has been already tagged. So if you are reading this and need something for your blog,consider yourself tagged!!

3 comments:

~*Marie*~ said...

Me too, blue is my favorite and there is some blue in every room. I know what you mean about casual clothes, I am sooooo ready to purge now that I am gone from the job from hell, but with political aspirations in my future do I want to rid myself of dress business yet? Oh well, the room looks so comfortable....the bed is calling my name...I may need a nap now!

Kellie said...

Congrats on the 20 pounds! That's great! I need to follow your lead... I hate ironing too. In fact, my mom got me a steamer for Christmas, so at least I don't have to haul out the ironing board when I something has wrinkles. And I buy my hubby LLBean wrinkle-resistant shirts for work. You can just throw them in the dryer and hang them up. I will avoid ironing at all costs!

Jenny said...

Well done on the 20 pounds. That is fantastic.
I love the blue and white theme too.
You are VERY brave to empty your wardrobe. VERY VERY brave. I don't think I could bring myself to do it.