Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today is Tuesday, you what that means???


We are going to have a special guest... Not really, but I always think of this song on Tuesdays. It's from the Mickey Mouse Club (the original and only good one). Every Tuesday was "Special Guest Day", so the mouseketeers would "get out the broom and sweep the place clean" (shows like the MMC just remind me how icky kids programming is today. Was it really so bad that kid programming used to be an hour in the afternoon and 4 hours on Saturday with a little PBS midweek if you were home sick?)

Anyway, in honor of "sweeping the place clean", I am on day 2 of my housekeeping regime. BTW, yesterday's 45 minutes was more like a a couple of hours. That's okay, the more I clean, the cleaner the house becomes, the less time it should eventually take to maintain, right?? It was nice not to get my usual "what did you do all day" question :0) I was able to get everything done plus a little extra. The laundry is still "in progress", but that is okay because all the laundry that was done actually got put away (that is a big deal around here)
So here is my Tuesday To Do:
Make Beds
Dishwasher
Sweep Kitchen
Tidy Kitchen
Tidy Family Room
Scoop
Vacuum Downstairs
Clean Bathrooms
Not a bad list. I do have to say that I really hate cleaning the bathroom. I know it doesn't take very long, but I still don't like it. The good news is that 2 of the 3 bathrooms are in pretty good shape. Our bathroom, the one that NO ONE ever sees, is another story. No, no, I must not focus on the negative, but be excited for the joy a sparkling bathrooms brings. Maybe if my bathroom looked more like this I would be more motivated to clean :0)

Today is my mom's birthday and we all getting together for dinner. I don't know what we are having, but I do know that we are getting some cupcakes from Costco. We usually get a cake, but they are just too huge and the last thing that we need lying around the house screaming "EAT ME, EAT ME" is 10 pounds of cake and butter cream. The nice thing about the cupcakes is that they come in a "variety" pack so we can avoid the whole "should we get chocolate or white" debate. For the record, white with cheesecake filling and white butter cream (not that godawful "whipped" frosting) is the best. I know these cakes can be pretty sweet, so to combat we usually buy it the day before and "let it breathe". The only draw backs to these cupcakes is that they are kind of ugly. They just do a big swirl of frosting and that is not very "fun". At one of the local bakeries they do cupcakes that are nothing but roses on top. How cute is that?
Happy Tuesday everyone :0)

2 comments:

Debra said...

I know what you mean about the butter cream frosting - it is the best! I always am disappointed when I bite into a piece of cake and it is the whipped cream frosting. ugh!
:)

Jenny said...

Is that your bathroom!?! It is gorgeous.