Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Sweetest Sound


For all the griping about rain we Washingtonians do, can I just share how HAPPY I was to hear the pitter patter of rain this morning. I feel that my decision to donate my stuff was rewarded with this little summer time shower. I now feel less flakey which is always nice. Since it is raining, my own plans of garage saling are probably not going to happen. I will probably spend the day packing up my stuff to donate and then I will be making cookies.
Ben is camping this weekend with some friends. I asked him if he wanted me to make some cookies to take on the trip. He said yes and when I asked him what kind he wanted he said he wanted me to make the ones that were round. Well, that narrowed it down. We spent the next 15 minutes going through my repertoire of cookie recipes without luck. He felt it might help if he drew a picture of the cookies. It wasn't until he mentioned the "little guy in the white hat". The Pillsbury Dough Boy?? I was wracking my brain to think when I would have made Ben cookies from a tube, but then I remembered we had made cake mix cookies a few times and ding, ding, ding, those were the ones he wanted.
These cookies are the EASIEST cookies ever and they taste pretty good too. They kind of remind me of the Lofthouse cookies with the pink frosting, but they are much more moist. I usually don't frost them, but when I do, they do not last long. Anyway, I told this story to Joji and now he wants me to make up a batch. So today I will be making the cake mix cookies as well as White Chocolate Macadamia and Peanut Butter Chip cookies. (Today is my buddy Matt's birthday and so I'm taking him a big thing of cookies)
I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I know I will be :0)

Cake Mix Cookies
One box Pillsbury Cake Mix (I use the White, if you use a chocolate mix add 2 T of water)
1 stick of soften butter
1 egg
Combine ingredients and drop by rounded T on a cookie sheet 2" apart
Bake 9-10 minutes @ 350 Makes 2 1/2 Dozen
Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezey :0)

No comments: